Sunday, April 15, 2012

Change Your Mindset

Yesterday and today were quite eventful days for me. If you're here, it's probably because of my other blog so I won't trouble you with rehearsing yesterday. Anyway, this blog focuses on what I learned and pondered at church, so that is where I will focus.

The biggest overall message I can tell you is that I learned I need to change my mindset. Today, April 15, 2012, I have re-determined to follow Christ, to change the definitions in my head that need changing, to trust Him a little more.

If you read my last post on the Remember blog, you know that I struggled with the mindset of self-worth and that Christ loves me, He hasn't forgotten me, and that His eternal plan is still there for me. I could not see the entire forest because of the trees surrounding me, which trees felt so overwhelming and convincing that I started to despair a little.

I took a LOT of notes today. I can't capture all that I learned or felt. I will try to remember and scan in my notes, and maybe put them as a picture on here tomorrow.

The main thing is that we need to find out where we are falling short, where we don't understand, where we are off, even if it is just a little, and change our mindset.

Sacrament Meeting focused on Alma 5, and the speakers were truly inspired. We need to know what we believe in, not just what we have been taught, we need to change our mindset so that these things match. One speaker mentioned Isaiah 1 where it talks about the Lord being basically bored with our vain performance of ordinances, we need to change our mindset so that we are doing the right things for the right reasons.  I am in the right place. The Lord knows me. He knows how to speak to us, and He will never force us to be happy, but as we prepare our hearts, we can Let Him in, it is a choice we make, and we must make it repeatedly. It is a commandment to have faith and to trust in the Savior, are you living it? I know I need to do better.

In Mission Prep we talked about changing our mindset from what success truly means. It is not always measurable, it is measured by the Lord though. It is based off of your effort and commitment to live like He does.

It is the hardest thing, to submit your will to the Father's, but it is the best thing. Shift your mindset. You may have to do this many times a day, but, it truly is for the best. One of Satan's biggest tools is discouragement, and it gets me a lot, have faith. The Lord has not forgotten you. He is proud of what you have accomplished in your life and will grant you the most happiness. He will never force anyone to be happy. Yet, if you desire to be with Him, He will help you get there.

Loving each other is what the gospel is all about. Change your mindset off of what is measurable, to what is right. Often, that can be measured, but it is not limited to it. Don't forget the true meaning of service and love, get to know people, then you will love them and serve them. It is not more complicated than that. Find your purpose in living with those around you, you will find and know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment